Rabeprazole 20 mg injection is a drug that reduces the amount of acid produced in your stomach. It is available in the market at Abiba Pharmacia under the brand name of ABIRAB INJECTION It is used in the treatment of acid-related diseases of the stomach and intestine such as peptic ulcer disease, acid reflux, and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Rabeprazole 20 mg injection provides relief from symptoms and promotes healing.
Rabeprazole 20 mg injection should be taken one hour before a meal, preferably in the morning. The dose of ABIRAB Injection will depend on your underlying condition and how you respond to the medicine. Try to consume Rabeprazole 20 mg injection regularly at the same time each day as advised by your doctor. You should keep on taking ABIRAB Injection as prescribed even if your symptoms disappear quickly. You may be able to help improve your symptoms by eating smaller meals more often and avoiding caffeinated drinks like coffee or tea, and spicy or fatty foods.
Medical Benefits of Rabeprazole 20 mg Injection
Rabeprazole 20 mg injection belongs to a group of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. ABIRAB Injection helps reduce the amount of acid your stomach makes and relieves the pain associated with heartburn and acid reflux. You should take the ABIRAB Injection exactly as it is prescribed for it to be effective. ABIRAB Injection is usually taken for GERD condition, GERD is a long-term condition that is like having excessive heartburn consistently rather than just occasionally. This condition happens because a muscle above your stomach relaxes too much and allows stomach contents to come back up into your esophagus and mouth.
Possible side effects of Rabeprazole 20 mg Injection
Immediately inform your doctor in case the side effects of Rabeprazole 20 mg injection persist or get severe with time. The side effects of Rabeprazole 20 mg injection may vary in all users as they depend on the physiological conditions and response to the therapy. The range of side effects noticed on using the Rabeprazole 20 mg injection are mentioned as follows:
- Severe stomach pain,
- Diarrhea that is watery or bloody,
- Sudden pain or trouble moving your wrist, hip, or back,
- kidney problems
- Extreme fever, rash, loss of appetite, nausea, joint pain, urinating less than usual, blood in your urine, swelling, rapid weight gain;
- new or worsening symptoms of lupus, joint pain, and a skin rash on your arms or cheeks that worsens in sunlight;
- Fast or irregular heart rate
- Tremors (shaking) or jerking muscle movements,
- Exessive Cough
- Signs of bleeding
- Pain or swelling
- Red or pink urine
- Heavy menstrual flow
- Bloody or tarry stools
Safety and Precautions
- Do not consume Rabeprazole 20 mg injection with alcohol as it may increase the chances of stomach bleeding.
- Rabeprazole 20 mg injections are not safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding, hence, do not take it without a doctor’s consultation.
- Store the Rabeprazole 20 mg injection in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep the Rabeprazole 20 mg injection out of reach of children and pets.
- Don’t drive or do anything that requires mental focus when taking, Rabeprazole 20 mg injection.