Fluconazole Tablets IP 150 Mg are used to treat fungal infections of the throat, mouth, vagina, fingernails, toenails, and many others. It contains Fluconazole, which belongs to a class of drugs called azole antifungals. These medicines function by destroying the fungal cell membrane. Thereby, it prevents the growth of fungi. In short, it destroys and stops the growth of fungi to treat fungal infections.
An individual patient should take Fluconazole Tablets IP 150 Mg as prescribed by the doctor to attain the best possible effects. In addition, one must read the official guidelines mentioned on the patient leaflet to ensure the proper use of this medication. Also, take this medicine for the prescribed length to cure the infection of its roots. If you stop the treatment course abruptly, it may lead to withdrawal of symptoms.
Precautions for Fluconazole Tablets IP 150 mg
Get the best effects by taking this medicine in the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor. Your healthcare provider will determine the dosage of these tablets, depending on your medical condition, age, tolerance, gender, and many other things. Do not take less or more out of this medication. Follow the doctor’s instructions while taking this medication. In addition, consider taking the below-listed measures:-
- Swallow Fluconazole Tablets IP 150 Mg whole; without crushing, breaking, or chewing them with a glass of water.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, do not commence treatment with this medicine without consulting your healthcare provider.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Fluconazole or any other component of this medicine before you initiate treatment.
- You may experience dizziness or sleepiness while taking this medicine. So, evade driving vehicles or performing any hazardous activity.
- Do not miss any dose of this medicine intentionally. If you forget to take Fluconazole Tablets IP 150 Mg, do not double its dosage to make up. Skip the missed dosage and continue taking this medicine as directed.
Take the above-listed points into account to ensure the proper use of Fluconazole Tablets IP 150 Mg. In addition, you should follow the doctor’s directions and the official guidelines to get the most benefits from this medication.
Possible Side effects
Unlike other medications, Fluconazole Tablets IP 150 Mg offer mild to moderate adverse reactions. The side effects caused by this medication fade away once the treatment course is over. In addition, those side effects do not bother the patient or persist. However, inform your doctor if you notice any rare side effects or if the common side effects persist or worsen. The most common side effects of this antifungal medicine consist of:-
- Stomach pain
Note: The common side effects caused by this medicine do not usually persist. You can get more deets regarding the side effects of this medication by consulting your healthcare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the uses of Fluconazole Tablets IP 150 Mg?
A. This medicine treats fungal infections of the throat, mouth, vagina, fingernails, toenails, and many others.
Q. Can you drive while taking this medicine?
A. No, avoid performing activities that require speed of psychomotor reactions while taking this medicine.
Q. Does this medicine offer any side effects?
A. Yes, while taking this medicine, you may experience Nausea, Headache, and Stomach pain. Do not worry about them. They will go away once the treatment is over.
Q. How to store these antifungal tablets?
A. Store this medicine away from direct sunlight in a cool and dry place.