Ketorolac Tromethamine 10 mg Tablets is used in the short-term treatment of pain. Generally, it is used post-surgery to decrease pain sensations in the body. Pain can be severe to moderate depending on the surgical operation performed. Ketorolac is classified as a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Its mode of action involves blockage of chemical messengers which cause pain accompanied by inflammation.
Instructions to Use
Swallow this tablet at once with water. The dosage and duration will be prescribed by the doctor after carefully examining your medical condition. Generally, it is to be taken after every 5-7 hours or as directed by the doctor.Do not exceed the limit of 40 milligrams per day.
Do not exceed the prescribed dosage or double the dosage yourself. It may prove to be fatal. Continuously use it for five days not more than this period. This the pain still persists for more than 5 days, contact your doctor. If this tablet causes stomach upset, prefer taking it with food or an antacid.
Precautions for Taking Ketorolac Tromethamine 10 mg Tablets
The use of Ketorolac Tromethamine 10 mg tablets may be contraindicated in some cases. This may be due to co-existing medical conditions or past allergies to it. Following points must e taken into consideration before consuming this medication.
Be sure to discuss with the doctor any allergic outbreaks by other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. This medicine may contain similar inactive components that can cause various allergies in some cases
- This medication may be harmful in some pregnancies and affect the unborn baby.Only use this medicine upto 20 weeks of pregnancy. It may also interfere with normal labor and can cause unbearable pain. Do not use it in the last trimester of pregnancy
- Consult your doctor before taking this medication. It is advised not to use this medicine in breastfeeding women as it passes through breastmilk.
- Contact your doctor in case you have heart problems, liver or kidney impairment, clotting disorders or high blood pressure. This medication may interfere with the medicines given for their treatment or with the disease itself
- This medicine may cause serious skin reactions in some cases. Inform your doctor if you observe skin redness, blistering and swelling.
- This medicine may cause kidney damage. To avoid such risks, it is important to stay hydrated. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water every day. Any problem such as change in urine volume must be reported promptly to the doctor.
- Donot consume alcohol when using this medicine as it can cause excessive drowsiness and increase stomach problems such as bleeding and ulcers.
- The use of this medicine may cause you to become hypersensitive towards sunlight.use sunscreen or avoid going out in direct sunlight. Contact your doctor if you have sunburns or blisters.
Undesirable Effects Of Ketorolac Tromethamine 10 mg Tablets
Certain side effects are known to occur in some cases but not necessarily in all the cases examined. Upset stomach,dizziness, nausea, vomiting and drowsiness are amongst the most common side effects.
The doctor has prescribed you this medicine keeping in mind the potential benefits and risks of consuming it. Hence, a small proportion of people have serious side effects.
In case you experience any of the following side effects contact your doctor without delay:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Severe headache and drowsiness
- Persistent sore throat along with fever and chills
- Change in the amount and colour of urine (pinkish or dark yellowish)
- Unusual tiredness
- Fainting or heavy head
- Unusual swelling of feet/ankles/or arms
- Mood or mental changes
- Depression or anxiety
These are not all the possible side effects. Consult your doctor if you notice any other side effects.
Frequently Asked Queries
Q1. Is this medication used in children?
The use of this medicine is contraindicated in kids. They are more sensitive to the medication’s side effects. Consult your doctor for more information.
Q2. Is Ketorolac Tromethamine 10 mg a painkiller?
Ketorolac Tromethamine 10 mg tablets belong to the category of NSAIDs(Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs) and are used to relieve post-operative pain.
Q3. Should hypertensive patients take Ketorolac Tromethamine 10 mg tablets?
The usage of this medicine is not recommended in people with high blood pressure. Contact your doctor for further details.