Nandrolone decanoate is an androgen and anabolic steroid (AAS) primarily indicated for the treatment of anemia and osteoporosis in menopausal women. It is administered via an injection into muscles or fat, once in one to four weeks. The drug is a synthetic androgen and anabolic steroid hence is an agonist of the androgen receptor (AR), the biological target of androgens like testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT). It acts by strengthening weak and brittle bones. The drug has a low side effect profile and induces side effects like acne, increased hair growth, voice changes, and decreased sexual desire due to its ability to suppress endogenous testosterone synthesis while not being sufficient androgen itself.
Do not self-medicate the medicine and only get injected by a trained medical professional. Only consume the medicine as per the prescribed dosage and duration and do not deviate from the dosage. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to nandrolone decanoate or similar medicines so that he can prescribe a better alternative or lower the dosage. Avoid taking this drug if you are pregnant or trying to conceive, breastfeeding, have kidney or liver problems, history of heart failure, etc. Strictly follow the prescribed dosage to see the maximum results.
Contraindications of NANDROLONE DECONATE -50 MG
Nandrolone decanoate is a potent drug that may lead to undesirable implications when taken in the presence of a few medical conditions. Hence, it is important to vividly discuss your medical history with a doctor to get better consultation on the dosage of medicine. Avoid, taking nandrolone decanoate if you are currently suffering or have struggled with these medical conditions in the past:
- Prostate cancer
- Male breast cancer
- Breast cancer in women with hypercalcemia
- Hypersensitivity (to nandrolone decanoate)
- Liver disease with impaired bilirubin excretion, and heart failure
Uses of NANDROLONE DECONATE -50 MG
The medical uses of nandrolone decanoate are given below:
- Wasting Syndrome such as osteoporosis in menopausal women
Side Effects of NANDROLONE DECONATE -50 MG
The side effects of nandrolone decanoate are dependent on dosage, duration of treatment, and individual sensitivity. Nandrolone decanoate has a mild side effect profile, making it suitable for usage in children and women. The mild to temporary side effects last only for a few days and resolve over time. However, if the side effects persist and get severe, immediately seek medical consultation. The list of side effects induced by Nandrolone decanoate is given below:
- Swelling of legs
- Ankle swelling
- Swelling of feet
- Fluid retention
- Breast enlargement
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Increased hair growth
- Voice changes
- Decreased sexual desire
When two or more drugs are taken together, their combination can result in negative health implications. The same is true for certain food items and beverages. The medicine can also interact with certain health conditions.
Interaction with Medicines:
- Planned surgery or vaccination scheduled
- Use of insulin or other anti-diabetic
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with blood thinners like Warfarin, heparin
- Use the hormone ACTH or corticosteroids (used in arthritis, asthma, etc.)
- Medicines like Erythropoietin (used in anemia)
Precautions and Warnings
1. Do not self-medicate the medicine and only administer it under medical professional supervision.
2. Avoid consuming nandrolone decanoate if you are pregnant or trying to conceive.
3. Breastfeeding mothers should not consume this medicine for its hormonal influence on the body which can indirectly harm the infant.
4. Store the injection in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
5. Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
6. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
7. Read the label for directions to use.
8. Though there is no substantial proof that prohibits alcohol consumption along with this medicine, still don’t take it to avoid any scope of harmful effects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I take NANDROLONE DECONATE -50 MG Injection during pregnancy?
NANDROLONE DECONATE -50 MG Injection must not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
2. What are some common side effects of NANDROLONE DECONATE -50 MG?
Some common side effects of NANDROLONE DECONATE -50 MG are acne, increased hair growth, voice changes, and decreased sexual desire.
3. Can I self-administer NANDROLONE DECONATE -50 MG Injection?
No, you should never self-administer NANDROLONE DECONATE -50 MG Injection. Get yourself injected only by a trained medical professional.