Ferrous Ascorbate, Folic Acid & Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate Tablets – Specifically Formulated for women’s healthcare these tablets are a combination of three nutritional supplements; Ferrous Ascorbate, Folic Acid, and Zinc Sulphate. These tablets are used to treat and prevent nutrition deficiencies, mainly iron deficiency during pregnancy. It is available with the brand name PREGMUCH-XT in the best quality at Abiba Pharmacia.
Ferrous Ascorbate is a combination of Iron and Vitamin C that is used to treat iron deficiencies in the body. It acts as a health supplement in people with a low amount of iron in their diet. Iron in Ferrous Ascorbate works by increasing the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin in the body. Vitamin C helps in the maximum and enhanced absorption of dietary iron. A folic Acid is a form of Vitamin B that plays a fundamental role in the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen throughout the body. Due to its role in the development of the brain and spinal cord of the unborn baby, it also acts as a vital element in pregnancy. Furthermore, Zinc is a micromineral that provides overall nutrition to the body.
Points to Keep in Mind while Consuming Ferrous Ascorbate, Folic Acid & Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate Tablets
- Take Ferrous Ascorbate, Folic Acid & Zinc Sulphate Tablets one or two hours prior to the meal on an empty stomach to get the best maximum effects.
- Do not consume antacids, tea, coffee, and other dairy products within two hours of this medicine as they can reduce their effectiveness.
- Do not lay down quickly or for at least 1o minutes after taking these tablets.
- It is advised to not consume more than the prescribed dosage of this medication as it may lead to harmful effects on the functioning of the body. Overdose of a medicine can lead to a serious medical emergency.
- Make sure the doctor is familiar about all other prescription and non prescription drugs you are taking along with Ferrous Ascorbate 100mg + Folic Acid 1.5mg+ Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate 7.5mg Tablets.
When to not Use Ferrous Ascorbate, Folic Acid & Zinc Sulphate Tablets?
Before taking Ferrous Ascorbate, Folic Acid & Zinc Sulphate Tablets, inform the doctor if you are allergic to the present ingredients of the medication. The medicine may contain some inactive ingredients that may cause some serious allergic reactions or some other serious health problems. One must consult the doctor if he is having any serious medical conditions including:
- Kidney Diseases
- Stomach or Intestinal Problems
- Metabolic Disorders, etc.
Common Side Effects
Like the usual nature of medications, Ferrous Ascorbate, Folic Acid & Zinc Sulphate Tablets also contains some common side effects that may occur if the body does not become common with the medicine nature. These side effects generally vanish after a certain period and do not require instant medical attention. However, it is advised to consult the doctor if these side effects become stubborn and unbearable during the treatment. Mentioned below are some of the common side effects of these tablets:
- Upset Stomach
- Dark Colored Stool
- Is Ferrous Ascorbate, Folic Acid & Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate Tablets safe during pregnancy?
Yes, these tablets are safe during pregnancy if they are used under the supervision of a doctor or a healthcare professional. Consuming the prescribed dosage of this medication during pregnancy helps in improving iron utilization and satisfies the increased requirement for iron in the body of a pregnant woman.
2. Can these medicines be stopped in the middle of the course?
It is strictly not advised to stop or skip the dosage of this medicine without the consultation of the doctor. Finish the complete course to get the maximum results.