Amoxycillin & Clavulanic Acid Tablet – The medication is a combination medicine and is primarily used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. The medicine generally belongs to a class of medications known as antibiotics. Amoxycillin & Clavulanic Acid Tablet treat the bacterial infections of several body parts such as the throat, ears, joints, skin, respiratory tract, nose, bones, urinary tract, etc. Bacterial Infection mainly happens when some harmful bacterias infect your body. These harmful bacterias reproduce quickly in an individual’s body and can lead to sickness and many health problems. Your doctor will prescribe you how often you have to take the tablet based on your medical condition.
How do Amoxycillin & Clavulanic Acid Medicine Work?
The medication is an amalgamation of two drugs named Amoxycillin and Clavulanic Acid, to help treat bacterial infection. Amoxycillin is known as an antibiotic that helps in preventing the bacteria from forming a protective covering. This covering is essentially required by the bacteria in order to survive. On the other hand, Clavulanic Acid is known as a beta-lactamase inhibitor. This inhibitor works by reducing the resistance and increasing the actions of the antibiotic i.e Amoxycillin against the harmful bacteria. Collectively these two drugs work together in Amoxycillin 500mg & Clavulanic Acid 125mg Tablet to help get rid of bacterial infections in the body.
Uses of Amoxycillin & Clavulanic Acid Tablet
- The medication is primarily used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections in the body.
- The Tablet treats the bacterial infections of several body parts such as the throat, ears, joints, skin, respiratory tract, nose, bones, urinary tract, etc.
Side Effects of Amoxycillin & Clavulanic Acid Medicine
The medication is entirely safe for consumption purposes and hasn’t shown any side effects so far. However, usage of the medication may lead to some side effects in very rare cases. The effects are nothing major to worry about and usually resolve on their own after some time. But, do consult your doctor if you feel the side effects of this medication persisting or bothering much.
Some of the common side effects of Amoxycillin 500mg & Clavulanic Acid 125mg Tablet may include:
- Mucocutaneous candidiasis
Important Advice for Amoxycillin & Clavulanic Acid Tablet
Some of the precautions and warnings to keep in mind before using Amoxycillin & Clavulanic Acid medication are:
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect of the medicine. Consult the doctor if it doesn’t go away or you notice any bloody stools.
- The medication should be taken with plenty of fluid such as water to avoid any stomach issues such as an upset stomach.
- Do not continue to take the medicine if you develop any kind of itch rash, swelling of the throat, face, and eyes, or have breathing difficulties. Consult the doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
- Always consult the doctor before taking any antibiotics and complete your full course of treatment. Stopping the medication in between treatments can make the infection come back quicker and harder to treat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Is it safe to use Amoxycillin 500mg & Clavulanic 125mg Acid Tablets?
The medication is safe for consumption purposes if taken as directed by the healthcare provider. However, do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or any of the components present in it.
Q. Can the use of Amoxycillin & Clavulanic Acid Tablets cause an allergic reaction?
Yes, the intake of the medicine can cause an allergic reaction if a patient of known allergy to penicillins. Get emergency help immediately if you experience any signs of allergic reaction.