Piperacillin & Tazobactam for Injection – Offered with the brand name TAZOCIA INJ, this injection is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections in different parts of the body including the skin, lungs, bowel (stomach), or female reproductive organs. This injection comes with a combination of two medications; Piperacillin and Tazobactam which are used in the treatment of pneumonia, abdominal infections, and uterine infections
Piperacillin is in a class of medications called penicillin antibiotics. It works by killing bacteria that cause infection. Piperacillin kills bacteria by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell walls. Tazobactam is in a class called beta-lactamase inhibitor. It works by preventing bacteria from destroying piperacillin. It inhibits beta-lactamase and prevents the destruction of piperacillin. Therefore, tazobactam is given with piperacillin to enhance the activity of piperacillin in eradicating bacterial infections.
Quick Tips for Correct Usage of Piperacillin & Tazobactam for Injection
Keep in mind the following instructions if you want to get the most benefit from Piperacillin 4gm + Tazobactum 0.5gm Injection at a rapid rate:
- You are advised to use Piperacillin 4gm + Tazobactum 0.5gm Injection because you have nutritional deficiencies. Do not use it to treat and cure any other health issue.
- Do not self administer the injection. Always use this injection under the supervision of a healthcare expert.
- Make sure to clean the area properly before instilling the injection.
- In case, you face issues like application site reactions, burning, redness, swelling, or irritation, then talk to your healthcare expert to get medical attention.
- Keep the dosage as recommended by your doctor and never exceed the recommended dosage.
General Safety Advice for Piperacillin & Tazobactam Injection
- Being one of the most commonly recommended injections available in the market, Piperacillin & Tazobactam Injection needs to be used carefully keeping in mind the following conditions:
- Alcohol of any kind such as wine, beer, vodka, etc. is strictly prohibited alongside using this injection. As alcohol consumption can negatively impact the medicine absorption and can make the nutrition absorption difficult as well.
- There is no conclusive evidence that depicts that using Piperacillin & Tazobactam for Injection will cause dizziness or sleepiness. But to remain on the safe side, avoid any work that involves concentration like driving or operating a machine after ingesting this injection.
- It is advised by the doctors to keep on monitoring your liver health, kidney functioning, and blood pressure. There is limited data that shows that Piperacillin & Tazobactam for Injection can negatively impact liver and kidney health. But always consult a doctor before using this injection.
Piperacillin and tazobactam injection may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away: