Cefpodoxime Proxetil Dispersible Tablets – The medication belongs to a class of antibiotic medicines known as cephalosporins. It is primarily used for the treatment of certain bacterial infections. The tablets help treat a wide range of bacterial infections such as the lower respiratory tract, urinary tract, and infection of the throat, ear, eyes, nose, and soft tissues. The infection takes place due to the entry of toxins and harmful bacteria into the human body. These harmful toxins can lead to damaging your tissues and has the ability to make you sick. However, Cefpodoxime Proxetil Dispersible Tablets do not work against viral infections such as cold and flu.
Working Mechanism of Cefpodoxime Proxetil Dispersible Tablets
The medication consists of Cefpodoxime Proxetil in it as the main ingredient, which is an antibiotic. This antibiotic works by stopping the bacteria from forming a protective layering which is required by the harmful bacteria in order to survive. This prevention of forming a cell wall leads to the death of bacteria. Hence, treating your bacteria infection. The dosage and duration of Cefpodoxime Proxetil medicine will depend on factors like your age and how severe your bacterial infection is. Take the medicine as prescribed by your doctor to rule out any possibilities of undesired adverse reactions later.
The intake of Cefpodoxime Proxetil Dispersible Tablets should be as prescribed by your healthcare provider. The medicine is preferably taken with water to avoid any further stomach issues such as an upset stomach. Swallow the Cefpodoxime Tablet as a whole with a glass of water and try not to crush or chew it. It is advised to complete the course of your medication treatment, do not leave the treatment course mid-way as it may cause the infection to come back quicker and harder to treat.
Side Effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets
The consumption of this medication may lead to some unpleasant adverse reactions. The side effects of this medication are too rare to appear and usually fade away on their own after some time. However, do seek medical advice if the side effects are persistent or bothering you much.
Some of the common side effects of Cefpodoxime Proxetil Dispersible Tablets may include:
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Skin Rash
Important Points to Rember
Some of the important precautions and warnings to keep in mind about Cefpodoxime Proxetil Dispersible Tablets are:
- Try not to skip any doses of the medication or do not stop taking the medication in between tour course of treatment, even if you feel better.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you experience any skin rash or get swelling on the face, mouth, and throat.
- Do not take the medication if you are having breathing difficulties after taking the medicine or develop itchy skin.
- Diarrhea may take place as a side effect of the medication, consult the doctor if you notice any bloody stools or if diarrhea doesn’t go away even after some time.
- Avoid consuming any alcoholic beverages while taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil medicines as it may cause increased side effects.