Cefuroxime 250 mg Tablets – The medicine belongs to the class of antibiotics known as cephalosporin and is primarily used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. The intake of these tablets helps to treat several bacterial infections such as UTIs (urinary tract infections), mild to moderate bronchitis, severe bronchitis (pneumonia), pyelonephritis (a bacterial infection that causes inflammation of the kidneys), uncomplicated gonorrhea (a sexually transmitted infection), and Lyme disease (caused by the bite of an infected black-legged tick insect) in adults and children older than 12 years old. Cefuroxime 250 mg Tablets can also be used to prevent infections after surgery.
Working Mechanism of Cefuroxime 250 mg Tablets
The medication is consist of Cefuroxime as its main component which is an antibiotic. A large variety of microorganisms can be killed by the broad-spectrum antibiotic Cefuroxime (bactericidal). It binds to the bacteria’s outer coat and prevents the enzyme that produces peptidoglycan from working, killing the bacterial cell (a vital component of the bacterial cell wall). As a result, the bacterial cell is unable to develop and thrive, ultimately leading to its death.
Cefuroxime tablets should only be consumed if prescribed by your healthcare provider. The several forms of Cefuroxime include oral pills, dispersible tablets, and oral suspension. While some illnesses may require longer, the majority of bacterial infections are resolved within one week. It would therefore be preferable if you try to finish the dosage that your doctor recommended for the particular bacterial illness. The best Cefuroxime 250 mg Tablets are available with the brand name ABISEF-250DT by Abiba Pharmacia in top-notch quality. Abiba Pharmacia is one of the best PCD Pharma Franchise Companies in India and is also known as the top manufacturer and supplier of Cefuroxime Tablets PAN India.
Cefuroxime 250 mg Tablets Uses
- The medicine is generally indicated to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
- The tablets treat several bacterial infections such as UTIs (urinary tract infections), mild to moderate bronchitis, severe bronchitis (pneumonia), pyelonephritis (a bacterial infection that causes inflammation of the kidneys), uncomplicated gonorrhea (a sexually transmitted infection), Lyme disease (caused by the bite of an infected black-legged tick insect) in adults and children older than 12 years old.
- The prescribed medication is also helpful to prevent infections after surgery.
Possible Side Effects of Cefuroxime Tablets
These tablets have been shown to be beneficial in treating a variety of bacterial infections. However, taking these prescription medications sometimes may have some undesirable side effects. This tablet prescription rarely causes side effects, and after your body gets used to them, they usually go away on their own. However, call your doctor immediately away if you think that the side effects of the drug are becoming more severe and have a substantial impact on you.
Some of the most common side effects of Cefuroxime 250 mg Tablets may include:
- Allergic Reactions
- Increased liver enzymes
- Nausea Headaches
- Upset Stomach
Expert Advice for the Medicine
Some of the precautions and warnings to keep in mind about Cefuroxime 250 mg Tablets are:
- To treat your infection and alleviate your symptoms, your doctor has given you Cefuroxime.
- Even if you feel better, continue with the entire course of Cefuroxime medication and do not miss any doses. Stopping it too soon could cause the infection to return and make treatment more difficult.
- To prevent stomach distress, take the prescribed medicine with food.
- Although it could happen as a side effect, diarrhea should go away once your treatment is over. Contact your doctor as soon as possible if it persists or if you notice blood in your stools.
- If you develop a rash, itchy skin, facial or oral swelling, or experience breathing difficulties, stop taking cefuroxime and contact your doctor right away.
- People taking Cefuroxime tablets who had allergic reactions to penicillin or other beta-lactam antibiotics should take extra precautions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How long does Cefuroxime 250 mg Tablet takes to work?
The type of illness and the patient’s reaction to the medication determine how long Cefuroxime medicine will take to start working. After you take the antibiotic, it might begin to work, but it might take some time for the antibiotic to have its full impact. Typically, 48 to 72 hours after taking the prescription, the symptoms of bacterial infections start to get better.
Q. How long should the patient take Cefuroxime 250 mg Tablets?
The type of infection determines how long Cefuroxime should be administered. The typical duration is seven days. It can take anywhere between 5 and 10 days, depending on how the patient’s infection reacts. Consult a doctor before beginning treatment who will specify the precise length of the course of treatment, and then adhere to all prescribed guidelines.