Allopurinol 300mg Tablets – The medication is primarily used to treat and prevent gout and certain types of kidney stones. The tablets may also be prescribed to prevent increased uric acid levels in patients going through cancer chemotherapy. Allopurinol 300mg Tablets help in lowering the increased uric acid in the individual’s blood. The medical condition gout generally happens when an increased amount of uric acid starts to form into crystals in an individual’s body. These forms of uric acid crystals, later on, start to appear around the individual’s joints and kidneys and cause pain. Allopurinol 300mg medicine helps in keeping the increased uric acid levels low.
Allopurinol medication belongs to a class of drugs known as xanthine oxidase inhibitors. The medication works by blocking the action of xanthine oxidase. Xanthine oxidase is basically an enzyme that helps produces uric acid. By blocking the actions of xanthine oxidase, allopurinol helps reduce the increased uric acid levels in an individual’s blood. Increased levels of uric acid in an individual’s urine or blood are primarily the reasons for medical conditions such as gout and kidney stones. Cancer patients may have increased levels of uric acid because of the release of uric acid from their dying cancer cells.
Medical Benefits of Allopurinol 300mg Tablets
Abloric-300 allopurinol medication is primarily used to treat and prevent gout and certain types of kidney stones. The medication helps reduce the increased uric acid levels in an individual’s blood. The tablets may also be prescribed to patients going through cancer chemotherapy. These cancer patients may have increased levels of uric acid because of the release of uric acid from their dying cancer cells. Patients suffering from gout and kidney stones experience certain symptoms such as severe pain, redness, warmth, and swelling. Therefore, the consumption of Allopurinol 300mg Tablets makes it less likely for individuals to suffer the symptoms of such medical conditions.
Side Effects of Allopurinol 300mg Tablets
Consumption of allopurinol medicine may lead to some common side effects. The side effects of the medication are usually mild and the doctor will advise you on how to prevent them. Have a talk with your doctor if you experience any serious symptoms of the medication that persists or lasts for too long.
Some of the side effects that may occur after taking Allopurinol 300mg Tablets are:
- Upset Stomach
- Yellowing of skin or eyes
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual tiredness
- Vomiting that doesn’t stop
Precautions and Warnings for Allopurinol 300mg Tablets
Some of the key precautions and warnings to keep in mind while consuming allopurinol 300mg medicine are:
- Inform your doctor if you ever have or had a medical history of heart failure, heart problem, thyroid problems, kidney, or liver disease.
- A regular blood test would be asked for you to take to check whether your liver is functioning properly or not.
- Inform the doctor if you have any prior allergies to the allopurinol 300mg tablets or any of its inactive components.
- Consumption of alcohol can make you feel drowsy while taking this medication or can decrease the effectiveness of the medication.
- Inform your doctor if you have hypertension i.e. high blood pressure.
- The medication may take several months to show its full effects. However, do not quit in between the medication course take the tablets for as long as your doctor has prescribed.
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding, the allopurinol medication should only be used after the proper consultation with the doctor.
These are some of the precautions and warnings to keep in mind while using allopurinol 300mg tablets. Apart from this medication is purely safe for consumption purposes, if prescribed by the doctor.