Allopurinol, a xanthine acts as an oxidase inhibitor which helps in medications like urate-lowering. You do have not to worry about its qualities because it is approved by FDA if there is a problem like Gout and either you want to prevent tumor lysis syndrome or recurrent calcium nephrolithiasis in patients with hyperuricosuria. Allopurinol is a pyrazole which is a bicyclic structure comprised. Its chemical compound name is C5H4N4O. Due to the structure of this compound, its ring helps in fusing to a hydroxy-substituted pyrimidine ring and this is the way it can play the role of radical scavenger which can act as a gout suppressant and antimetabolite. It is generally derived from the hydride of a 1H-pyrazolo[4,3-d]pyrimidine
Allopurinol is called Nectar for Gout problem Because it can treat gout and certain types of kidney stones and it can be also used for maintaining increased uric acid levels. Because patient suffering from such a problem is founded that due to the release of uric acid, there is an increment in uric acid level. Now Allopurinol came into the picture because it helps in reducing the amount of uric acid which is made by the body. Why reducing uric acid is necessary because it can cause the problem of Gout and Kidney to0.
Mechanisms of Allopurinol
Generally, the best way of administrating Allopurinol is by oral administration but by injecting it can also be get administrated. If we have to talk about how it works in human physiology it works by metabolizing tablets in the liver which goes with the activity of pharmacology. With the help of biological enzymes, there is a breakdown of hypoxanthine to xanthine to uric acid.
The benefit of using Allopurinol 100mg
- It is very useful in treating Gout problems.
- It can also use for preventing tumor lysis syndrome.
- It can also use for preventing recurrent calcium nephrolithiasis.
- For certain kinds of kind stones, it is also used. Because it is found by the FDA that it can treat certain kidney stones.
Right way to take Allopurinol 100mg
- Being a table it can only use for oral administration you have to take it through the mouth route.
- In any way if there is a chance to have doses more than 300mg make its smaller doses.
- For a better result, you have to drink at least a full glass of water with every dose.
- If there are some eatable which contain large amounts of ascorbic acid/vitamin C avoid them because these can increase your uric acid level.
Side-Effect of Allopurinol
- You may have symptoms of an upset stomach.
- You can suffer from nausea.
- It can also create the problem of diarrhea.
- You may suffer from drowsiness.
Precaution after taking Allopurinol 100mg
There is generally not a risky side effect of Allopurinol but sometimes there is a different case you suffer from some serious side-effect such as numbness/tingling of arms/legs, easy bleeding/bruising, unusual tiredness, signs of kidney problems (such as change in the amount of urine, painful/bloody urination), signs of liver disease (such as nausea/vomiting that doesn’t stop, loss of appetite, stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine), unusual weight loss, eye pain, vision changes. If you find out you are suffering from such a problem consult your doctor at once.
Everything has some good and negative aspects so does allopurinol too. But the good thing is it is FDA approved medicine which gives it a good place in the medicine market moreover it is a very effective way of treating the Gout problem there is no better, effective medicine at this price range for treating the Gout problem.