Pregabalin & Mecobalamin Capsules – These capsules are a combination of two medicines, Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin that together helps in the treatment of neuropathic pain; a progressive nerve disease that causes pain from damaged nerves. These medicines belong to the class of medicines called anticonvulsants. Delivered in the market with the brand name ABNERV-P, these capsules are manufactured by the Best Pregabalin & Mecobalamin Capsule Manufacturer, Abiba Pharmacia.
Mechanism of Action
Pregabalin, an alpha 2 delta ligand works by reducing pain by regulating the activity of calcium channels in nerve cells.
Methylcobalamin is a Vitamin B derivative that aids in the formation of a substance called myelin (outer protective layer of a nerve cell) that protects nerve fibers and regenerates damaged nerve cells.
Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin together help in relieving neuropathic pain and improving nerve signal conduction.
Taking Pregabalin & Mecobalamin Capsules as prescribed by the doctor will provide relief from pain rapidly, without any side effects. Hence, take this medicine under the duration and dose given by the doctor by taking care of the following precautions:
- Do not take these capsules if you are allergic to Pregabalin, Methylcobalamin, or any of the other contents present in the medicine.
- Before taking these capsules, make sure to inform your doctor if you have a history of liver, kidney or heart disease, alcoholism, or drug abuse.
- Since Pregabalin & Mecobalamin Capsules contain the potential of making you feel sleepy or drowsy, it is suggested to not use them while driving or using heavy equipment.
- Let your doctor or healthcare provider know if you have any sugar sensitivity as Pregabalin & Mecobalamin Capsules contain lactose.
- Discontinuement of this medicine without consulting the doctor should be strictly avoided as it may induce pain even after the treatment.
- In some cases, Pregabalin & Mecobalamin Capsules may cause kidney failure. If you observe decreased urination while taking these capsules, consult your doctor.
- Breastfeeding mothers should take this medicine with caution until the doctor determines that the advantages outweigh the risks.
Interactions With Drugs
Pregabalin & Mecobalamin Capsules might interact with certain drugs such as:
- Antianxiety Drugs; lorazepam
- Antibiotics; neomycin
- Anti-Gout Medicines; colchicine
- Pain Killers; oxycodone
- Antacids; omeprazole
Do not take these drugs with the consumption of these capsules as it leads to negative effects.
Common Side Effects
Pregabalin & Mecobalamin Capsules may result in certain side effects that are known to be mild and temporary. This can be either the result of overdosage of the medication or misusage. However, there are chances that the medicine may not react well in certain individuals. Following are the side effects of this medicine:
- Sore Throat
- Loss of Appetite
If these side effects tend to expand for a longer duration, it is better to notify the doctor without waiting for the after risk.