Antioxidants With Multivitamin, Minerals & Selenium Capsules – Multivitamins are used to keep your health in good shape by providing different vitamins found in natural sources. Multivitamins, Minerals, and Selenium treat deficiencies caused by poor nutrition, digestive disorders, pregnancy, illnesses, etc. Intake of Antioxidants like Multivitamin, Minerals, and Selenium capsules helps in age degeneration.
Antioxidants with Multivitamin, Minerals, and Selenium Capsules Uses
- Multivitamin and mineral capsules if chewable should be chewed before swallowing. The effervescent tablet should be dissolved in at least 4 ounces of water.
- Taking selenium by mouth daily might benefit adults with an underactive thyroid.
- It helps with disorders like Kashin-Beck disease in children that affects the bones and joints. Adding salt enriched with selenium to food can benefit but it does not improve joint pain.
- During pregnancy taking 60-100 mcg selenium daily by mouth for up to 6 months might reduce the risk of developing pre-eclampsia.
Side effects of Multivitamin, Minerals, and Selenium Capsules
Taken at normal doses, selenium does not usually have side effects. At high enough levels, selenium and multivitamins could cause death. If symptoms like bad breath, fever, kidney
- Muscle tenderness
- hair loss
- Unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth
Storage of Multivitamin, Mineral, and Selenium capsules
- Store at room temperature and in its container.
- Keep the liquid medicine from freezing.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Keep Multivitamin, Mineral, and Selenium capsules away from children and pets
- If the medicine is no longer needed you should properly discard its waste disposal. It should not be thrown down the drains, consult with a pharmacist for details.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Multivitamin, Minerals, and Selenium Capsules Interactions
- The interactions with other drugs might cause serious side effects for people with Autoimmune diseases, Hemodialysis, etc. You should separate doses of bisphosphonates, thyroid medications, levodopa, quinolone antibiotics, and tetracycline antibiotics.
- Avoid the use of salt substitutes in your diet if your multivitamin and mineral contain potassium.
- For people with hypothyroidism, Selenium capsules might worsen. You should consult with a doctor, if recommended selenium with iodine will benefit.
- Try to take Multivitamin, mineral, and Selenium capsules with antacids, dairy products, tea, or coffee within 2 hours before or after, or else it will decrease their effectiveness.
- This product can decrease the absorption of other drugs such as
Precautions of Multivitamin, Minerals, and Selenium Capsules
- The recommended dose of multivitamins, minerals, and Selenium capsules should be taken from time to time.
- Overdose of Multivitamin, Mineral, and Selenium capsules in large doses can be life-threatening.
- Do not consume it with dairy products like milk or calcium supplements, or antacids.
- Talk to your doctor if you have any allergies or medical conditions.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should use this medicine if recommended by doctors or nutritions. Otherwise, some Antioxidants like Multivitamin, Mineral, and Selenium capsules may be harmful.
- People who need surgery should stop using Selenium capsules for at least 2 weeks before.
Q. Can I take a multivitamin capsule empty stomach?
A. No, taking a multivitamin, mineral, and selenium capsules will make you feel nauseous and affect the gastrointestinal tract. It will be beneficial if they are taken with food as it will help in digestion.
Q. How many selenium capsules should I take?
A. 400 micrograms a day is the upper limit of selenium capsules. If the intake is more than that then it is considered as overdose. 100 micrograms daily could help in prostate cancer prevention.
Q. Can I take Multivitamin, Minerals, and Selenium capsules daily?
A. Yes, for better health benefits Multivitamin, Mineral, and Selenium capsules will provide you with essential nutrition for your body to function properly.
Q. Can children take selenium capsules?
A. Yes it is safe when the doses are taken in small amounts.
- Below 45 mcg daily for infants up to age 6 months
- 60 mcg daily for infants of 7-12 months
- 280 mcg daily for children of age 9-13 years
- 400 mcg daily for children aged 14 years and older
- 90 mcg daily for children od aged 1-3 years, 150 mcg daily for children 4-8 years