The combination of Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam is used in the treatment of several bacterial infections. Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam belong to a class of medication called antibiotics. The medicine is highly beneficial in the treatment of several bacterial infections of the urinary tract, blood, bones and joints, heart, brain, chest, ears, skin, or soft tissues. A bacterial infection occurs when any harmful bacteria invade your system and multiply at a rapid rate. As the bacterial cell multiply in the body, it releases toxins that make us sick and weaken our immune system. Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injections are effective in treating bacterial infections and do not provide relief from viral infections.
Do not self-medicate the medicine. Take the injection under the guidance of a medical professional. Follow the dosage and duration prescribed by your doctor. Some users may experience a few side effects such as diarrhea, rash, or abnormalities with white blood cells and platelets. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam or similar medicines.
Medical Benefits of Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam Injection
Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injection are primarily used in the treatment of bacterial infections at different locations. The combination of Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam works by inhibiting the life cycle of the bacterial cell. Ceftriaxone is an antibiotic and Tazobactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor. Ceftriaxone is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that acts against both aerobic (grow in the presence of oxygen) and anaerobic (grow in the absence of oxygen) gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. It fights bacterial infection by inhibiting the formation of outer protection covering or cell wall of the bacterial cell.
Tazobactum is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that enhances the activity of ceftriaxone and decreases resistance. Thereby, the combination of Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injection provides relief from bacterial infections in the urinary tract, blood, bones and joints, heart, brain, chest, ears, skin, or soft tissues.
Directions for Use
Carefully, read the label given along with Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injection. Do not self-administer the injection. Take the Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injection under the guidance of a healthcare professional.
Side Effects of Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam Injection
Mostly the side effects of Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injection are mild to moderate. The side effects may vary in all the users as they depend on the physiological conditions and response to the therapy. Immediately inform your doctor in case your side effects get worse or persist with time. The range of side effects noticed on using the Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injections are mentioned below:
- Raised white blood cells
- Raised platelets
- Upset stomach
- Blood clots
- a lump where the medicine was injected,
Drug Interactions of Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam Injections
Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam may interact with other medicines and cause adverse health effects. It is advised to not take Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injections with certain food items, drugs, and health conditions to avoid getting unpleasant health effects. Do not take Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injections while taking the following drugs:
- a blood thinner (heparin)
- drugs used to lower high uric acid levels (probenecid)
- neuromuscular blocking agent (vecuronium)
- anticancer drug (methotrexate)
- water tablet (furosemide)
- antibiotics (chloramphenicol)
- gentamicin, streptomycin)
1. Do not take alcohol with Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injection as it may interact and cause adverse side effects.
2. Do not take Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injections without a doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
3. Store the Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injection in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
4. Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets. properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
5. Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injection may cause dizziness in some people, therefore, avoiding driving or doing any mental activity.
6. Do not take Ceftriaxone and Tazobactam injections if you are currently suffering from or have a history of kidney and liver disorders.