Cefpodoxime 50mg + Clavulanic Acid 31.25mg Dry Syrup – This Dry Syrup is a combination of two medicines: Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanic Acid. Cefpodoxime Proxetil is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefpodoxime Proxetil against bacteria.
Respiratory tract infections are those infections that can affect the sinuses, throat, airways, or lungs. It contains two different medicines, Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanic Acid, that work together to kill the bacteria that cause respiratory tract infections. Cefpodoxime Proxetil works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Clavulanic Acid reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefpodoxime Proxetil against bacteria.
It usually makes you feel better within a few days, but you should continue taking it as prescribed even when you feel better to make sure that all bacteria are killed and do not become resistant.
Correct Usage of Cefpodoxime and Clavulanic Acid Dry Syrup
- One must talk to the doctor if he has had an allergic reaction to Vitamin D3 or other vitamins or if he has any other allergies.
- Follow the special diet if it is prescribed by the doctor to get the most benefit of the medication and rapid results.
- Do not take other vitamins or supplements with Calcium Carbonate and Vitamin D3 Tablets if not recommended by the healthcare provider.
- Consult the doctor about the risks and benefits of this tablet in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Diseases that May Interact With this Dry Syrup
- Hypercalcemia/Hypervitaminosis; high absorption of calcium and Vitamin D
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Stones
- Untreated Phosphate Imbalance
- Malabsorption Syndrome; difficult absorption of nutrients from diets
- Heart or Blood Vessel Disease
- Sarcoidosis; an immune system disorder involving the collection of inflammatory cells
- Crohn’s Disease or Whipple’s Disease; certain bowels disease
- Low Levels of Bile
- Achlorhydria; absence of stomach acid
Common Side Effects of Cefpodoxime 50mg + Clavulanic Acid 31.25mg Dry Syrup
This Dry Syrup does not pose serious side effects and is well-tolerated by children. In case the side effects do occur, they’re likely to subside once the body adapts to the medicine. Consult your child’s doctor if these side effects persist or bother your child. The most common side effects include-
- Abdominal pain