Cefpodoxime 50 Mg Dry Syrup – This dry syrup contains an antibiotic medicine Cefpodoxime that is used for children in the treatment of a broad variety of bacterial infections. It also helps in treating typhoid fever in children. Offered in the market with the brand name ABIPOD, this dry syrup is available at the Best Cefpodoxime 50 MG Dry Syrup Manufacturer, Abiba Pharmacia.
Cefpodoxime 50 Mg Dry Syrup Uses
Cefpodoxime 50 MG Dry Syrup is an effective medicine that is approved by doctors and pediatricians to give children with bacterial infections affecting the nose, ears, brain, throat, skin, lungs, urinary tract, and gastrointestinal tract.
Cefpodoxime works by killing the infection-causing bacteria in the body. Due to its excellent activity, it acts as an effective alternative for the treatment of typhoid fever in children and adolescents, even in multidrug-resistant Salmonella Serotype Typhi.
General Points for the Safe Usage of Cefpodoxime Oral Suspension
Cefpodoxime 50 MG Dry Syrup usually makes the child feel better within a few days if given in complete duration as prescribed by the doctor. The parent must keep in mind that the dosage is prescribed taking into account the child’s age, weight, type, and severity of the infection. Along with that, there are certain essential points that must be remembered while giving this oral suspension to children for maximum safety and zero negative effects. Check out the general points for the safe usage of Cefpodoxime 50 MG Syrup:
- Give this medicine to your child an hour prior to the meal or after two hours of a meal.
- As Cefpodoxime 50 MG Dry Syrup is an antibiotic and does not treat viral infections, do not administer it to your child in the case of a common cold or flu. It is prescribed by doctors only when a subsequent bacterial infection is discovered as the underlying cause of cough and cold.
- Do not give this oral suspension if your child is allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other antibiotic medications and talk with the doctor for altered medicine treatment.
- It is necessary for your child to finish the complete treatment with Cefpodoxime Oral Suspension. Stopping it earlier can allow the bacteria to grow again, become resistant, or develop any other infection.
- Stop giving this medicine and immediately make contact with the doctor if facial swelling or an allergic rash develops on your child’s body.
Things to Inform Child’s Doctor
Before the child’s doctor prescribes medicine for your child’s infection, make sure to keep them informed about complete medical history:
- Previous Allergy Reactions
- Blood Disorder
- Airway Obstruction
- Kidney Malfunction
- Gastrointestinal Problem
- Liver Impairment
- Heart Problem
- Birth Defects
- Lung Aberration
The complete information about the child’s medical history is crucial to be in knowledge of the doctor for any dose alterations and overall treatment of the child.
The child may experience certain mild and temporary side effects of Cefpodoxime Oral Suspension. These side effects generally vanish once the child’s body adapts to the medicine. Any serious side effects of this oral suspension are not noticed. Here are the common side effects associated with this dry syrup:
- Decreased Appetite
Consult your child’s doctor if these side effects start to worsen or bother your child.
FAQs About Cefpodoxime 50 Mg Dry Syrup
1. What should be done if too much Cefpodoxime 50 MG Dry Syrup is given to the child?
An extra dose of Cefpodoxime 50 MG Dry Syrup does not usually harm the child. However, if you think you have given too much of the medicine that has become discomforting for your child, consult the doctor or pediatrician right away.
2. Can other medicines be given with Cefpodoxime 50 MG Dry Syrup?
Other medicines may interfere with the effects of Cefpodoxime 50 MG Dry Syrup. Thus, before giving this medicine, notify your doctor about all the other medicines your child is taking.