Cholecalciferol Drops – The effective Cholecalciferol Drops are used to treat low blood calcium levels in children. These drops efficiently address a variety of medical disorders including Vitamin D Deficiency, Osteoporosis (pain in the lower back & feet), Latent Tetany (muscle cramps & spasms), Rickets or Osteomalacia (softening of the bones), and Hypoparathyroidism (too little calcium & too much phosphorus). Available with the brand name CHOLRAYS, these drops are manufactured and supplied by the Best Cholecalciferol Drops Manufacturer, Abiba Pharmacia.
Working Mechanism of Cholecalciferol Drops
Cholecalciferol is a steroid hormone that is produced in the skin or derived from dietary sources when exposed to ultraviolet light. It is a provitamin that, when consumed, is transformed into a vitamin. It aids in the maintenance of blood calcium and phosphorus levels, as well as bone mineralization.
While giving Cholecalciferol Drops to the child, make sure to understand the instructions mentioned on the product label as well as the instructions given by the doctor or pediatrician. Have a look at some of the general tips that you must consider while using these drops:
- Do not exceed the specified dosage and give in the same dose directed by the healthcare professional.
- Measure the dose with the dropper that comes along with the package.
- Either drop the liquid directly into the child’s mouth or give it with a spoon by mixing it with food or other liquids including water or juice. (for children of two years or older)
- Place one drop of Cholecalciferol Drops on the pacifier, mother’s nipple, or bottle nipple. Allow the infant to suck for at least 30 seconds. (for children younger than 2 years)
- Finish the full treatment with Cholecalciferol Drops without any misses for better and rapid results.
- Do not use these drops in larger amounts, more frequently, or for a longer period of time than recommended by the child’s doctor.
- Allow the baby to finish the medication before administering more.
- Dispense the Cholecalciferol Drops while the child is sitting up if they are old enough to do so. If the baby is unable to sit up yet, aim the dropper to the inside of the baby’s cheek while gently propping him/her up to avoid choking.
Cholecalciferol Drops are completely well-tolerated. But, if it is not given to the child as per the instructions given by the doctor, it may cause mild trouble to the child. The overdose of these drops can also result in negative side effects that are as follows:
- Early Signs of Vitamin D Overdose
- Increased Blood Calcium Levels