Diclofenac Diethylamine, Linseed Oil, Methyl Salicylate & Menthol Gel – A blend of five topical analgesics; Diclofenac, Linseed Oil, Methyl Salicylate and Menthol, this gel is a power pack formula for relieving the pain of joins, osteoarthritis, and musculoskeletal pain. This medicated gel helps in reducing pain, swelling, and stiffness of joints which in turn improves the ability to move and flex the joint. It is manufactured and delivered with the brand name DOCULUM by Abiba Pharmacia.
Diclofenac Diethylamine and Menthol present in this gel are Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) that together work by restricting the discharge of certain chemical messengers that cause pain, redness, and swelling. Linseed Oil is a plant-based oil that gives relief to inflammation and improves blood circulation at the application site. It also enlarges the penetration of Diclofenac Diethylamine through the skin. Furthermore, Methyl Salicylate acts as a cooling agent that produces a cooling effect on the skin which triggers pain and inflammation.
Indications to Use Diclofenac Diethylamine, Linseed Oil, Methyl Salicylate & Menthol Gel
Use this gel only if it is advised by the doctor or dermatologist for its certain use. We have listed down the instructions that are suggested by the experts for the accurate application of this gel and its better results. Have a keen look at them:
- Apply the prescribed amount of Diclofenac Diethylamine, Linseed Oil, Methyl Salicylate & Menthol Gel with clean cotton wool or pad on the affected area.
- Gently massage the affected area and do not rub it out for long.
- Clean and wash your hands before and after using this medicated gel unless you are using it for your hands.
Necessary Considerations for the Safe Practice of Diclofenac Gel
While you apply Diclofenac Diethylamine, Linseed Oil, Methyl Salicylate & Menthol Gel, you must keep some necessary points in mind to avoid the risk of unpleasant side effects. Following are the key points that you need to understand before taking this topical gel into use:
- Do not immediately cover the treated area with clothing and wait for at least 10 minutes after applying the medicine to let it absorb.
- Make sure this gel does not get into the eyes, nose, and mouth. Splash water if it accidentally gets into these specific areas.
- Avoid wrapping, bandaging, or applying heating pads on the affected area after treating it with Diclofenac Gel unless it is recommended by the doctor.
- Do not take shower or wash the treated areas for at least an hour after applying the gel.
- Do not apply Diclofenac Diethylamine, Linseed Oil, Methyl Salicylate & Menthol Gel to open wounds, cuts, or burns in order to treat them.
- Notify the doctor if you are allergic to Diclofenac and other analgesics present in this gel before you take it.
Health Conditions that May Contradict with Diclofenac Diethylamine, Linseed Oil, Methyl Salicylate & Menthol Gel
The application of Diclofenac Gel may contradict in people with certain health conditions. It is because the medication may not respond well with its. This gel is contradicted in people with:
- Bleeding or Clotting Problems
- Stomach or Intestine Problems (Crohn’s Disease, Ulcers, Bleeding}
- Edema Fluid Retention (Swelling)
One must notify the doctor before using this medication if he is dealing with these specific conditions.
Side Effects Associated with DOCULUM Gel
There are some common side effects of Diclofenac Gel that may occur on the affected area. Although these side effects are mind and short-term and do not require any immediate medical consideration. But, it is still advised to consult the doctor if these side effects become persistent or do not disappear.
The gel may occur application site reactions like,
- Dryness on Skin