Ofloxacin & Ornidazole Tablets – A combination of two antibiotics; Ofloxacin and Ornidazole in this tablet is used to treat an extensive range of bacterial infections. It is used to treat infections of the respiratory tract, urinary tract, gastrointestinal infections (acute diarrhea), lung infections, gynaecological infections, and genital infections in adults. This tablet is highly demanded in the Indian Marketplace and is offered with the brand name OFORC-OZ at the Best Ofloxacin & Ornidazole Tablets Manufacturer, Abiba Pharmacia.
Ofloxacin acts by preventing the bacterial cells from multiplying in the body. It prevents DNA gyrase that is required for the reproduction, replication, and repairment of DNA. Ornidazole restricts protein synthesis and kills anaerobic bacteria that cause infection by destroying the DNA. Together, these medications effectively treat the infection.
Safety Precautions to Take While Ofloxacin and Ornidazole Tablets
- Do not take Ofloxacin and Ornidazole Tablets if you are allergic to any of the contents present in the medication.
- Avoid the consumption of liquor while taking this tablet as it may cause extreme dizziness.
- Consult the doctor before taking Ofloxacin 200mg and Ornidazole 500mg Tablets if you are breastfeeding as the medicine may pass into the milk and can affect the child.
- Be alert while driving or doing any activity that requires complete focus as the medicine may cause dizziness or problems with vision. It is more beneficial if you avoid driving with this medication.
- Make sure to notify the doctor if you have kidney or liver disease before taking Ofloxacin and Ornidazole Tablets.
When to not Take Ofloxacin 200mg + Ornidazole 500mg Tablets?
One must not take Ofloxacin and Ornidazole Tablets if he is dealing with certain health disorders that may contradict the consumption of this medicine. Below are the health ailments in which the consumption of this tablet is not recommended:
- Brain Tumour or Head Injury
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Low Levels of Potassium
- Muscle or Nerve Problems
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Heart Problems
- Muscle or Nerve Problems
Consulting the doctor is mandatory before consuming this tablet in the case of the health disorders mentioned above.
Drugs to Not Take With Ofloxacin and Ornidazole Tablets
- Antibiotics; trimethoprim, azithromycin, erythromycin, metronidazole, sulfamethoxazole
- Pain Killers; ibuprofen, aspirin
- Diuretics; furosemide
- Corticosteroids; dexamethasone
- Bronchodilator; albuterol
- Anti-diabetic; metformin
With active and cogent properties of Ofloxacin and Ornidazole, this tablet may lead to some common side effects that may or may not be experienced by every consumer. These side effects generally do not require any major medical concern and resolve over a specific time period. However, if the side effects become continual or do not disappear over time, then it is certainly a matter of concern that is to be discussed with the doctor without any delay.
Following are the common side effects of Ofloxacin 200mg + Ornidazole 500mg Tablets:
- Loss of Appetite
- Can antacids be taken with Ofloxacin & Ornidazole Tablets?
Do not take magnesium and aluminum-containing antacids with Ofloxacin & Ornidazole Tablets as it can interfere with the properties of the medication. Take a gap of at least two-three hours between the consumption of both medicines.
- What can be done if the symptoms do not get better after using Ofloxacin and Ornidazole Tablets?
Notify the doctor if you do not feel good or the symptoms do not get better even after the complete treatment of the medication. Make sure to tell the doctor if the symptoms get worse or become troublesome.
- How to appropriately store Ofloxacin 200 mg and Ornidazole 500 mg Tablets?
Keep the medicine in the pack the tablet came in and store it as per the instructions mentioned on the label. Keep it out of contact with children and pets.